Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Whats in a name???

As of this moment in time the heading of this blog contains the name "Pulse of Perth".

This is there for no other reason for this except I wanted a heading with the name of the filly and as we are naming her as a partner group I choose my current preferred name to fill the temporary gap.

The majority of race horses running around are named after the sire or dam - this horse's dam by Bletchley Park was named Broglio - which is the name of a famous baseballer in Usa. Bletchley Park from the dam Enigma was named due it being the country estate in the UK that was the centre of codebreaking activity in WW2 - the famous enigma code.

I will be asking all partners to submit two names each after which time we will be voting to decide the preference in which they are submitted to the registrar.

Once we have named the filly its there for good - so think smartly about the names and vote wisely.

Here are some other names that I have thought of or have been suggested to me that I don't mind (a lot of them have the Doctor connection) -

Stephi Scope, Hearts A Mess, Scrubs, Temperature Rising, Stemcell, Saline Solution, Ecee Gee Gee, Unlock the Doc, and Cure All.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good connection with the WW, code breaking, Dr's etc

see http://www.racingnsw.com.au/page.asp?parm=sr.clevernames

for some ideas on clever ones.